In-Company Short Training Courses in Supply Chain Planning.
Course Title: Strategic Relationship Management.
The course is designed to:
Explore the impact of strategically managing relationships along the end-to-end supply chain. The student will explore the complexity of today’s multi-enterprise, multi-national supply chains from the view point of managing the relationships that such complexity brings to the management task. It covers the tools and techniques required to set up strategic relationship management as a business process and gives insight onto the roles and personal attributes required of the relationship management process.
To give students an understanding of the importance of joint exploitation of personal relationship management skills and business process in driving successful outcomes in this increasingly important aspect of supply chain management. The module will provide students with the knowledge and management tools available to them for managing supply chain relationships.
Learning outcomes – At the end of the course students will be expected to be able to:
- Recognise and critically evaluate the nature of relationships in commercial dealings.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of relevant relationship strategies linked to clear contract objectives.
- Compare and contrast differing approaches to structuring of contracts and tenders to establish an appropriate relationship strategy from the outset of a commercial relationship.
- Illustrate the balanced scorecard methodology as applied to strategic relationship management.
- Design and critically evaluate a relevant business strategy for a particular commercial relationship.
- Deconstruct and evaluate the value of individual roles involved in strategic relationship management.
- Describe and deploy the personal skills required.
- Deploy an appropriate set of approaches and strategies to manage conflict dispute resolution and claims in contracts.
- Contract management as a business process.
- Building the contract team.
- Types of relationship.
- Selecting the style of relationship best suited to the situation and the alignment of supply chain objectives.
- Selecting and determining contract administration processes.
Contract Award Management:
- Managing contract award.
- Structuring the contract to optimise the relationship.
Relationship Management in End-to-End Supply Chains:
- Managing individual and multi-enterprise relationships.
- Balanced Scorecards, managing contracts and measuring performance.
- Expediting – a particular form of relationship management.
- Aligning relationships within an end-to-end supply chain.
- Creating ‘Supply Chain Teams’.
The course will identify and cover in full detailed learning outcomes required for assessment purposes. However, if you wish to read further in order to supplement your learning and cement your understanding of the course, content, aims, and purposes, we recommend the following book(s):
Collaborative Sourcing – Strategic Value Creation through Collaborative Supplier Relationship Management – Michel Philippart, Christian Verstraete, Serge Wynen.
Supply Chain Collaboration – R. Ireland & C Crum.