In-Company Short Training Courses in Procurement, Purchasing & Supply.
Course Title: E-Commerce in Procurement.
The course is designed to:
Provide learners with a sound understanding of the underlying strategic reasons for pursuing E-commerce activities as procurement strategies, whilst also exploring the application of the best practice tools, techniques and business processes required for the successful use of E-Commerce within their Organisational context.
To enable candidates to understand and contribute to the delivery of e-commerce strategies relevant to the procurement operations of major organisations; candidates will be able to contribute to the strategic selection of appropriate approaches within their own organisations; and understand the implementation and change management challenges involved in their execution.
Learning outcomes – At the end of the course students will be expected to be able to:
- Construct suitable definitions for E-Commerce in procurement.
- Assess and evaluate organisational drivers and enablers for E-Commerce strategies.
- Recognise and describe an E-Commerce business process.
- Describe the landscape of the E-commerce sector and understand how each technology adds value to the procurement function.
- Prepare a business case for E-Commerce implementation.
Current Practice in E-Procurement:
- An overview of E-procurement as a product / industry.
- Trends in product deployment and use.
- E-Tools for the procurement professional.
- E-commerce from the supply side.
- Other E-commerce practices in supply chain management.
- E-procurement and the law.
Implementation considerations for E-commerce strategies:
- Building a business case.
- Choosing the right E-Commerce strategy for the purchasing environment.
- Implications of E-Commerce on the organisation.
- Implementing or changing an E-Commerce Strategy.
The course will identify and cover in full detailed learning outcomes required for assessment purposes. However, if you wish to read further in order to supplement your learning and cement your understanding of the course, content, aims, and purposes, we recommend the following book(s):
E-Commerce – B. C. Satterlee
E-Commerce (for the Digital Age) – M. Dash